Tuesday 22 February 2011

Buying a horse? Try the chicken test

Those selling horses will often say something along the lines of “This horse will be your best friend.” That is because many prospective buyers want a horse to be their best friend, and rather than seek psychiatric help for this condition, they search the horse classified ads for the horse of their dreams.

That’s okay if you have some experience with horses, but many people searching for their “dream horse” have no experience whatsoever. It is difficult for them to buy a horse because when it comes down to it, horses scare them. To death. One nice lady who wanted a horse to be her best friend asked me in all honesty, “Will I have to touch it?”

I told her no, not at all. Not if she bought a race horse.

“Good,” she said. “Because I am allergic to horses.”

So, I’ve come up with a unique method for assessing horses for those who want a horse to be their best friend forever, but don’t want to be too close to this new BFF. It is called The Chicken Test and you can see it in action on video below.

I think the youtube link here will give you slightly better quality.




No comments:

Post a Comment